As you know, December 5th is International Volunteer Day. This year Birthright Armenia and Armenian Volunteer Corps, together with 20 other organizations, have joined Armenian Progressive Youth to celebrate International Volunteer Day in Armenia.
Volunteering is Giving; it is also much more – sharing, learning, helping, gaining experience, supporting community, improving your world, fulfillment, joy, hope, challenging work, change. Every person who has ever volunteered has a story about how an experience has changed their life or that of people around them.
We are pleased to announce the launch of a week-long social media campaign – 7 Days of Giving -- that will link the growing international ‘Giving Tuesday’ movement and ‘International Volunteer Day’ and encourages everyone who has ever volunteered to share a personal story about what volunteering means to them, over the course of one week.
Starting on November 29, #GivingTuesday, through December 5, #IVD2016Armenia, each person should:
- Share a photo on social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram) along with a description of how your volunteering experience has impacted you and those around you.
- Make sure the photo post is ‘public’
- Use the hashtags: #IVD2016Armenia and #7daysofgiving as well as #GivingTuesday and #GivingTuesdayArmenia
- You can also add your own hashtag – for example, AVC and Birthright Armenia volunteers, alumni and staff will use #avc and #birthrightarm
- To help us find your posts more easily, you should also tag #avc and #birthrightarm
We will re-share the most moving or captivating posts on our main social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram) through December 5 (included).