3. Make real connections with Armenians from all over the world. Throughout my Birthright experience, I’ve met Armenians from all over the world, including Kuwait, Buenos Aires, and France.
4. Explore the opportunity to live with a host family. Host families are easily the highlight of most Birthright volunteers’ experience.
Me and my host mom at an Armenian dance performance.
5. Discover the chance to develop professional skills through internships. Birthright is super flexible about letting volunteers try out different internships and they really cater the experience toward each individual. The possibilities for professional development are endless.
6. Witness firsthand the magic of Armenia through weekend excursions around the country. Through the Birthright excursions I’ve gotten to go to Dilijan, Sardarapat, Tatev, Oshagan and many other places. It’s a great way to see the country.
Learning the art of Armenian carpet making at the Sardarapat museum.
7. Get out of your comfort zone. Birthright will give you the chance to do things you never thought you could do. Embrace it and enjoy the ride!